Jul 27, 2014

Bad Blogger Bounces Back

wow.  it's been a long time.  i think a combination of more work, less play, and injuries galore have left me uninspired to share on the blog.  but in the spirit of never wanting to feel defeated, i'm bouncing back today with a post of 5 of my favorite things from the last 6 weeks or so.


1.  The "many people are missing but it's still awesome" family photo.  One thing Father's Day 2014 taught me is to leave your camera hanging around and other people will grab it and take awesome photos and you may even be in one.  I can't help but smile at this photo.  Sophia is holding her smile while instructing Shiner to turn around and look at the camera. Too funny.



2. The "these better not ever ever die and if we move they're coming with me" miniature roses.  My grandma gave me these maybe 20 years ago or so and they started out as miniature roses in a small plastic pot from the grocery store.  My gosh.  Look at them now.


3. The "nature is found in the tiniest of places" photo.  I walked our yard one day taking photos of flowers and pretty weeds, but was really hoping to get some sort of wildlife on film that day.  The mud hole is usually buzzing with interesting things to photograph, but not today.  It was when I was coming back in the house, at the backdoor, when I looked down and saw this barely an inch Peeper hanging out on a Black-Eyed Susan leaf.   The little guy answered my prayer and I happily snapped a few.


4. The "reaffirming July Crafted Kit".  Working on this kit with Jenni Bowlin for the Mercantile reaffirmed the satisfaction I get from making something useful with my own hands.  This ranks in the top 5 of favorite projects ever for me.


5.  The "I can't believe they made these" rocks.  Ds and his girlfriend chilled out one night at the beach house and painted rocks. I was impressed. First, that they both can chill out by painting rocks. Second, that they can enjoy each other's company by painting rocks. And third - well heck - they are talented at painting rocks.  John did the oranges and Emily the other two, in case you were wondering.

So there you have it.  I've bounced back with my top 5.  

Hope you're having a great and creative day.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Betsy! I'm glad you bounced back.
    BTW, hope to see you in August and/or September.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Dana! And there are free bedrooms here if you want to stay a while!

      Delete
  2. well, betsy! what a great post! I, too, was giggling at your little niece in the top photo. now I must buy a miniature rose in a small plastic pot. my goodness! who knew they did that? yay for a peeper photo! that crafted kit is indeed awesome. I can't wait to make the red cross version for my niece and sister who are both nurses. the rocks are fabulous on many levels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're back, loved seeing your projects, and sorry to hear about your injuries !

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing creative stuff and would love to visit your blog! Thanks for stopping by!