Oct 26, 2014

Embellished Digital Layouts | How I Scrapped Back Then

I was very excited to be interviewed for an episode the DigiScrapGeek podcast.  Check out Carrie Arick's website here where all her podcasts and her blog can be found.

This particular episode was about the trend of paper manufacturers joining the digital world and it will be airing soon.  As a representative of Jenni Bowlin Studio Digital, I was able to contribute to the conversation a bit.  I was asked about the ways I use digital product and I reminisced about a particular way I used to create scrapbook layouts.  

At one point in my creative life I thought I was going to scrap completely digitally.  There were many reasons for making the switch, but I couldn't shake the idea of leaving my beloved physical and traditional supplies behind.

That's when I started making embellished digital layouts.  What are embellished digital layouts, you ask?  I would create a digital layout, have it printed out, and embellish the printed result further with my physical and traditional product.

Here are just a few examples:







Some of the layouts created this way remain my favorite layouts ever.  The interview, and the trip down memory lane with these older layouts, make me want to make embellished digital layouts all over again.

Do you ever look at your older layouts and get inspired to bring your old style and technique back again?

Have a creative week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love sharing creative stuff and would love to visit your blog! Thanks for stopping by!