Mar 18, 2015

WOYWW 302 - Calvinball

Another edition of What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday - see the creator of the amazing weekly event (Julia) here.


I'm still playing Calvinball with my friends over at GetitScrapped.com and one of my own rules for the game was to make a layout where the embellishment is the focal point.  And so the adventure began.  I've truly obsessed over this task: from choosing just the right story to tell, to hand making the embellishment myself. 


Yes, I've made this embellishment right down to the tomato label on top of the rosette - created in photoshop:


And THIS is why I rarely get things done quickly and why I'll never win a Calvinball competition! But this is a ton of fun - and I think I'll treasure this layout when it's done!




8 comments:

  1. That's a lovely embellishment (Tomatoes). But a lot of work by the sounds of it.
    I looked up Calvinball but still don't really understand what that is about.
    Have a great week,
    Lisca#33
    PS I'm thinking of our fellow desk hopper Shoshi today who's operation has been postponed yet again! I can't imagine how she must be feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much talent. Really love your WOYWW pix.

    Thanks for sharing, drop on by. Happy WOYWW Pat #63

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ribbon is IMPRESSIVE! Who cares about winning anything when you can make your own ribbon to look any way you want. I definitely think you are already winning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rosette embellishment . Happy woyww jill#27

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great rose embellishment. I like your page. :-)
    April #68

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is so amazing and inspiring!! Love love love everything I see here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. an amazing layout..... no idea what calvinball isbut itsou ds like you are having fun with it
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunning layout. That prize ribbon is a show stopper all it's own.

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing creative stuff and would love to visit your blog! Thanks for stopping by!